Former first-round pick Emerson Hancock tops the pitching list starting Mariners’ Dominate The Zone Pitching Camp
Even though Major League Baseball is mired in a lockdown, team-based practices for minor league players who are not on the 40-player roster or who are not part of the MLB Players Association may be usually.
On Monday afternoon, Emanuel Sifuentes, the Mariners’ new director of player development, announced that 28 the organization‘s minor league pitchers have been selected for “Dominate The Zone Pitching Camp”, which began earlier in the season. morning at the minor league team complex in Arizona.
The roster includes right-hander Emerson Hancock, ranked No. 34 in MLB Pipeline’s Top 100 Baseball Prospects and eight other pitchers in the Mariners Top 30 list.
Formerly dubbed “Gas Camp,” and focused on pitching speed, the new camp is now “a full pitching camp that aims to make the organization’s pitchers the best possible versions of themselves.”
The only notable absences from the list are Seattle’s top prospecting prospect George Kirby, ranked No. 33 in Pipeline’s Top 100, right-hander Connor Phillips, No. 8 in the organization, and right-hander Taylor Dollard. , which is ranked No. 25 in the organization.
List of camp participants (in alphabetical order)
- Raul Alcantara, 20, LHP: was 8-1 with a 3.61 ERA in 13 games between the ACL Mariners and High-A Everett last season.
- Peyton Alford, 24, LHP: Signed as an undrafted free agent from Virginia Tech in 2021. He recorded one save in his organizational debut for the ACL Mariners on July 29.
- Dayeison Arias, 25, RHP: has gone 11-4 with a 2.08 ERA in 120 games with the Mariners organization since 2017. He’s struck out 230 batters in 160 career innings.
- Isaiah Campbell, 24, RHP: ranked as the No. 18 prospect in the organization, he went 3-1 with a 2.33 ERA in five games with High-A Everett last season. The right-hander was drafted by the Mariners in the 2nd round of the 2019 University of Arkansas Draft.
- Sam Carlson, 23, RHP: struck out 112 batters in 100 innings at Low-A Modesto in 2021 in his debut season after recovering from Tommy John surgery. Listed as lead # 24 in the organization.
- Luis Curvelo, 21, RHP: went 5-1 with a 3.58 ERA and 80 strikeouts in 55 1/3 innings in 37 games with Low-A Modesto last season.
- Pedro Da Costa, 18, RHP: made a career appearance in the minor leagues, making his organizational debut on July 23, 2021 for the DSL Mariners.
- Will Fleming, 22, RHP: Was drafted in the 11th round of the 2021 draft at Wake Forest University. He went 4-1 with a 3.27 ERA in nine games in 2021.
- Natanael Garabitos, 21, RHP: struck out 57 batters in 40 2/3 innings in 12 games (seven starts) with the ACL Mariners last season.
- Emerson Hancock, 22, RHP: Drafted in the first round (sixth overall) of the 2020 University of Georgia Draft. He made his organizational debut last season, going 3-1 with a 2.62 ERA with 17 walks and 43 strikeouts in 12 starts between High-A Everett and Double-A Arkansas.
- Joseph Hernandez, 21, RHP: Holds a 7-4 record with 100 strikeouts in 80 career innings with the Mariners organization since his debut in 2018.
- Jordan Jackson, 23, RHP: selected in the 10th round of the 2021 Georgia Southern University Draft. He has yet to make his professional debut.
- Jimmy Joyce, 22, RHP: selected in the 16th round of the 2021 draft outside Hofstra University. He posted a 3.22 ERA in six games last season.
- Jimmy Kingsbury, 22, RHP: drafted in the 17th round of the 2021 draft from the University of Villanova. He went 2-1 with a 2.20 ERA in eight games for Low-A Modesto last season.
- Travis Kuhn, 23, RHP: went 3-1 with five saves and a 3.93 ERA in 25 games across three levels last season. He made his Triple-A debut with Tacoma on May 21.
- Michael Limoncelli, 21, RHP: recorded 34 strikeouts in 27 2/3 innings between the ACL Mariners and High-A Everett last season.
- Adam Macko, 21, LHP: Has a 3.97 ERA in 18 games (11 starts) during his minor league career. He recorded 88 strikeouts in 56 2/3 innings. Ranked as the # 12 prospect in the organization.
- Bryce Miller, 23, RHP: drafted in the fourth round in 2021 from Texas A&M University. He has appeared in five games with Low-A Modesto and is the organization’s 20th prospect.
- Andrew Moore, 22, RHP: taken in the 14th round of the 2021 Chipola College (FL) Draft. He appeared in 14 games last season.
- Michael Morales, 19, RHP: drafted in the third round of the 2021 Draft at East Pennsboro High School (PA). He made his organizational debut for the ACL Mariners, starting a game. Lead # 15 in the system.
- Juan Pinto, 17, LHP: signed by Seattle as an amateur free agent on February 5, 2021. Ranked No. 30 in the system.
- Juan Querecuto, 21, RHP: begins its transition to the pitcher. He appeared in 107 games in the Mariners’ organization as a positional player, totaling 92 hits and 120 total goals in 390 at-bat.
- Adrian Quintana, 19, RHP: went 5-1 with a 1.97 ERA with nine walks and 64 strikeouts in 12 games with the DSL Mariners in 2021.
- Levi Stoudt, 24, RHP: posted a 7-3 record with a 3.31 ERA in 15 starts between High-A Everett and Double-A Arkansas last season. Selected in the third round of the 2019 draft at Lehigh University, he is the No. 9 prospect in the system.
- Devin Sweet, 25, RHP: holds a 15-12 record with three saves and a 3.62 ERA in 74 games (28 starts) in the Mariners’ organization since his debut in 2018.
- Yeury Tatiz, 21, RHP: Posted a 3.92 ERA in 11 games (six starts) with the ACL Mariners in 2021, striking out 45 batters in 39 innings.
- Brandon Williamson, 23, LHP: No.7 prospect in the organization, he made 19 starts between High-A Everett and Double-A Arkansas last season, posting a 3.39 ERA with 33 walks and 153 strikeouts in 98 1 / 3 sleeves.
- Bryan Woo, 21, RHP: selected in the sixth round of the 2021 draft out of Cal Poly. He has yet to make his debut in the organization.