Elon Musk’s Twitter Deal, Bitcoin Adoption Alliance, Delayed Cardano Upgrade, and More News
Get your daily digest of crypto-asset and blockchain-related news – by investigating stories that fly under the radar in today’s crypto news.
- social media company TwitterAxios’ board has urged shareholders to approve the company’s proposed $44 billion sale to Elon Musk, according to Axios. However, at the Qatar Economic Forum in Doha, Musk said there were still some “unresolved questions” regarding the deal.
- Digital Asset Investment Company CoinShares added two physically backed exchange-traded products (ETPs), CoinShares Physical Staked Matic and CoinShares Physical Staked Cosmos, to their range of staked ETPs, listed on the main German exchange Xetra.
- NFT Market magic eden announced that it has closed a $190 million Series B funding round co-led by Electric Capital and Greylock, valuing the company at $1.6 billion. The funds will be used to expand the company’s markets and invest in new tools, they said.
- Organization of professional services Deloitte and financial services company focused on Bitcoin (BTC) NYDIG announced a strategic alliance to help companies implement digital asset capabilities into their businesses. The alliance creates a one-stop approach for clients seeking advice on implementing Bitcoin products and services, they added.
- IBEXa company that helps banks and businesses integrate with Bitcoin’s Lightning Network protocol, signed up 85 new customers in Miami, US to accept BTC payments online and at point-of-sale systems .
- The engineering team of Global Input Output (IOG), the company behind the Cardano (ADA) blockchain network, said it was “extremely close to finalizing the groundwork, with only seven bugs still outstanding to complete the hard work. fork, with none currently classified as “serious” before they can launch their new hard fork. However, after some consideration, the team decided not to send the hard fork update proposal to the testnet today to allow more time for testing.
- Ethereum (ETH) scaling platform Polygon (MATIC) announced that its network has achieved carbon neutrality on its way to becoming carbon negative by permanently withdrawing $400,000 in carbon credits to offset the 90,000 tonnes of greenhouse gases emitted since its blockchain was created.
- The UK government has announced that it will not enforce its proposed version of a rule requiring all senders of funds to “private” crypto wallets to collect identifying details of recipients. Based on the comments received, the Treasury don’t think it would make sense to create a data collection rule for “unhosted” or “private” wallets, he said.
- Crypto market data provider Kaiko announced a partnership with the Deutsche Borse Group to provide them with tick-level trading data from all covered centralized (CeFi) and decentralized (DeFi) crypto-asset exchanges.
- FTX.US said it acquired a compensation company Integrate clearing for an undisclosed amount. The platform intends to expand the financial services it offers to US customers, while the acquisition will allow it to route, execute, clear and custody all accounts and stock transactions and customer options through the use of Embed’s infrastructure and license, they said.
- Bitpanda announced that it is now officially registered with the Bank of Spain as a provider of virtual exchange services for fiat currencies and custody of electronic wallets.
- OKX announced the introduction of new sub-accounts for Custody Trading to offer its institutional clients more control over granting different levels of access within their accounts. New options will include trading freezes, notifications, real-time monitoring, and a kill switch for account owners, among others.
- The CEO of the Hong Kong-based crypto exchange Hoo.com tweeted that his company will open withdrawals for some tokens shortly after announcing a day earlier in a blog post that it would delay withdrawals for 24 to 72 hours. As of this writing, there are still no updates on withdrawals.
- Heavily Backed Crypto Exchange Vault laid off 30% of its workforce amid plummeting crypto prices, tax fears and drastically plummeting volumes, Money Control reported, citing undisclosed people familiar with the matter. The exchange is supported by Valar Enterpriseswhich is a company co-founded by PayPal founder Peter Thiel, Pantera Capital, Coinbase Venturesand others.
- Web3 infrastructure provider Moon Pay spear hyperminta developer-focused self-service platform that allows users to create, manage, and build utility NFTs.
- Bitcoin self-mining company Bit Farms announced that over the past week it has sold a total of 3,000 BTC for approximately $62 million and closed its previously announced $37 million funding with NYDIG, improving business liquidity by approximately $100 million. This brings total BTC holdings to 3,349, including month-to-date production, which currently averages around 14 BTC per day, they said.
- Further details have emerged on the travel ban imposed on Terraform Laboratories employees and associates – past and present. Dong-A Ilbo reported that 10 people (mostly developers) from Terraform or its affiliates have been ordered not to leave South Korea until prosecutors complete their investigation into the company at follow-up to last month’s survey. Earth crash. Prosecutors are reportedly looking into allegations that Terra co-founder Do Kwon “knew there was a possibility” that Terra coins could lose value before the events in early May. The prosecution also obtained a search warrant in the company’s tax documents.